Tuesday, April 16, 2013
USCIS APPROVAL!!!
YAY!! Good news to share. We now have our USCIS approval. We are now only waiting on two documents and then we can submit! I just can't believe how smoothly things are going. I am getting a little nervous about funding though. Besides needing money for in-country we have several things to buy for our little girl as well. We will need to make her room a special place so she can forget about her time in the orphanage, or at least make it a distant memory. The time to meet her is getting closer and closer and I can hardly stand the wait. If you feel that you are able to give anything toward our adoption we would be incredibly grateful. If not, I know that times are tough and your prayers are even more of a blessing. I am so glad the God has led us in this direction. It is so reassuring to know that everything is in His hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan you explain what a USCIS is? I'm really interested in the adoption process so I'd love to hear more details. I'm praying for your family!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mandi! It stands for the United Stated Citzenship & Immigration Service. Basically, after submitting certain documents and fingerprinting they decide if we are qualified to adopt from a country. I wasn't really worried it's just the wait that usually holds up the process. The adoption process hasn't been all that hard to gather the documents. I think the toughest part is the homestudy. I believe adoption is going to bless our lives as much as her life. The paper work is well worth it.
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteI have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?
Thanks!
Matthew Lee