Wednesday, March 6, 2013
This is the first blog I have ever done, but of course this is the first adoption we have ever done as well. I am nervous about both, obviously, the adoption more so. From the first moment we saw Kaia we knew she was the one for us. Her beautiful green eyes begging us to come and rescue her from that orphanage. Then to find out that next year she would be sent to an institution with adults-how horrible!! I am nervous for so many reasons, first and foremost, will I be able to parent a child with special needs? The answer is yes. The reason I already know the answer is because with God's help we can do anything. I believe we were meant to help a child that cannot be helped otherwise. To think of her not getting the medical attention she deserves is just wrong. How can it be that a child that has the capability to thrive not be given the opportunity? Well, that's where we all come in. We all are here to rescue these children from the terrible circumstances that they were born into. There are various reason why their parents abandoned them, some of them noble and some of them selfish, but at least they will have a family that can show them the meaning of love. Our child will have a mother, father and big brother that embrace her whole heartedly. The next few moths will prove to be some of the most exciting and anticipated that our family has ever experienced!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment